- This event has passed.
Residential Forensics: Liability vs Warranty
October 11 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Learn more about residential forensics related to liability and warranty at this informative program where you’ll learn:
- Liability vs Warranty – “you design it, you buy it!”
- The homeowner tells you “My slab is cracked in half it has failed, the builder needs to pay to get it piered” What’s your responsibility?
- What is foundation failure?
- What is stabilized? How can you prove that a foundation is stable?
- What is ASCE Level B inspection
- What is the maximum tilt allowed?
- What is the maximum deflection allowed?
- Where are the insurance companies? What do they do?
Speaker: Chris Copeland, P.E., CEO of Copeland Engineering
Christopher S. Copeland, P.E. has been in the industry for 20 years and has been involved in the foundation design and evaluation of more than 250,000 homes in the state of Texas. He has worked with volume builders to high-end custom builders and has handled every structural problem you can imagine with homebuilding. He is an expert in post-tensioned foundation design, foundation performance evaluation, framing design, lateral bracing design and retaining walls.
HBA Member: $40
NAHB Student Chapter Member: $15