Last Modified January 27, 2020.
For the purposes of the following policies, “HBA” means the Home Builders Association of Greater Austin; “Event” means any meeting, conference or other event that HBA organizes and conducts; and “Registrant” means any individual registered to attend an Event.
Registrant agrees to abide by the following while attending an Event:
- To treat all HBA employees, venue employees, presenters, sponsors, vendors, and all other Event attendees with courtesy and respect. At a minimum, this means that Registrant will refrain from any bullying, harassing and other offensive conduct, whether physical or verbal, that creates a hostile environment. Examples include, but are not necessarily limited to, any inappropriate or unwelcome touching and any disparaging remarks pertaining to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, citizenship status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
- To comply with the HBA’s Anti-trust Policy. At a minimum, this means that Registrant will refrain from any discussion or other conduct that would even imply an agreement with others on any of the following: how your company will price its work in the future (including any pricing methods, discounts or rebates), the developers, owners, subcontractors and suppliers with whom your company will do business, the markets in which your company will compete, or the compensation that your company will provide to its employees.
- To refrain from taking photographs or making video or audio recordings during Event sessions without obtaining HBA’s prior written permission.
- To obey all applicable laws and venue policies.
- To avoid disruptive noise and behavior. At a minimum, this means that Registrant will silence mobile devices for the duration of each Event session, conduct any side conversations outside Event session rooms, and refrain from any disorderly or disruptive behavior.
- To be mindful of the safety of others and to report any dangerous situations that Registrant observes to the HBA, venue staff, or other appropriate authority.
If the HBA observes or receives reports that a Registrant has failed to abide by the above, then the HBA may take whatever actions it deems appropriate. At its discretion, the HBA may require Registrant to leave the event without a refund, notify Registrant’s employer, and prohibit the attendee from attending future HBA events.
Registrant consents to be photographed and recorded (video or audio) while attending the Event, and to allow the HBA to include photographs or recordings of Registrant in the HBA’s promotional and archival materials, without payment of any kind.
REGISTRATION CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
In general, refunds are not provided; however, each Event is subject to its own registration cancellation and refund policy. Please consult the Event website, marketing materials or HBA staff for the applicable registration cancellation policy. If you are unable to locate such a policy, you may email Info@hbaaustin.com or call 512-454-5588 to inquire about the applicable policy.
In the event that HBA cancels an Event due to an occurrence or situation outside its reasonable control (a “Force Majeure Occurrence”), the HBA will not be responsible for refunding registration fees or reimbursing Registrants’ expenses. A Force Majeure Occurrence would include but is not limited to an act of God, disaster, fire, war or threat of war, terrorism or threat of terrorism, civil disorder, threat to public health or safety, curtailment of transportation facilities, labor dispute, government regulation, government shut-down and Executive Order.