If interested in learning more about our Educational offerings, please email Director of Programs and Events. Erin Scott at Erin@hbaaustin.com
The HBA of Greater Austin’s education efforts center on advancing the practice and professionalism of the home building industry, offering programming for all ranges of home building industry professionals – from new hires, to sales and marketing professionals, to seasoned contractors. Additionally, the HBA is currently working to develop strategic partnerships with area high schools and universities to ensure a solid future workforce. Both in-person and online courses are offered.
Past Courses have included:
- Building a More Energy Efficient Home
- Green Building for Site Superintendents
- Integrating Sales and Marketing
- Post Tension Foundation Design
- Fighting Expansive Clay
- Understanding Retaining Walls
- Garage Lintels and Brick Ties
- TAB Contracts
- Code Compliance and Why Homes Fail
- Thermal Enclosure- Foundation, Walls, Windows, Doors, and Roofs
- Mechanical Equipment- HVAC, Lighting, Appliances, and Occupant Behaviors
60-minute webinars on a variety of topics are offered throughout the year so Members can enjoy pertinent education without having to leave the office.
Sponsor/Speaker Sponsorships are available for each webinar. Benefits include:
- Introduction & recognition by CEO
- Recognition on HBA event promotional materials including eblasts, social, newsletter, website etc.