The Benefit Home is the annual construction of a home built mostly – if not entirely – through donations of construction management, materials, supplies, labor and monies of the members of the Home Builders Association (HBA) of Greater Austin. The majority of net proceeds from the sale of the home on the open market benefit local charities as designated by HBA.
The Benefit Home offers the HBA a unique opportunity to give something back to the larger community, specifically to designated beneficiaries who are significantly and positively impacting the Greater Austin community. What’s more, it’s a perfect example of how the 800+ members of the HBA contribute to the economic impact of the communities in which they build and make a direct impact on worthy causes within those communities.
So, how does it work?
- The Management of construction of a marketable home is handled by the sponsoring builder
- Together the HBA and the Builder/Developer host VIP Events for HBA members, vendors, and leaders from HomeAid Austin—one at Groundbreaking and one at completion.
- The HBA recruits a small task force of expert members (including a home designer) to solicit donations of materials and labor; as well as coordinate the vendors and selections with the Builder to drive down the hard costs of the home.
- The Builder/Developer typically also hosts a resident Sneak Preview Event upon home completion (to drive referral sales) and engage the residents in the community on this exciting project.
- A Realtor Event when the home goes to market and additional Realtor outreach will be facilitated with the task force and through the Builder/Developer contacts.
Once the home is successfully sold and closed, the HBA and the Builder/Developer will invite the leaders of all benefiting charities to receive the contribution and celebrate the results!
2019 Benefit Home
Taylor Morrison is currently building its two-story Terracotta floor plan (below) as the 2019 Benefit Home. The spacious four-bedroom, 3.5-bath home offers more than 2,400 square feet of space and features an impressive 2-story foyer, an open-concept living area with both casual and formal dining, a first-floor owner’s suite, and three additional bedrooms on the second floor, as well as a large game room. Proceeds from the sale of the home will support the charitable work of HomeAid Austin, a 501(c)3 focused on building new lives for Austin’s individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
The property located at Terracotta at 2436 Granite Hill Drive, Leander, TX 78641 is open for sales now and to be ready for move in by December.
$412,694 | 2,472 Sq. Ft. | 4 Bedrooms | 3 Baths | 1 Half Baths | 2 Garage | 2 Stories
2018-2019 Benefit Home
The 2018-2019 Benefit Home was built by Chesmar Homes in Sweetwater, a Newland Communities master-planned hill country community in Northwest Austin / Bee Cave area. Chesmar Homes built its Bristol plan. This spacious 1.5 story home features five bedrooms, four and half bathrooms, a study, a game room, and an oversized two-car garage. This impressive home has a grand foyer that leads to the family room with an optional fireplace. The kitchen is every chef’s dream with two granite kitchen islands. The master bedroom has a large master closet and is tucked away from all rooms for a private feel. The master bath features dual vanities, a mudset shower, and a drop-in tub. All secondary bedrooms feature a walk-in closet. Upstairs, a large game room is accompanied by a full bath and a fifth bedroom. The fifth bedroom can be turned into a media room. Outside, an outdoor living area with an optional fireplace makes outdoor living a breeze.
We broke ground on the benefit home on September 27, 2018.
A big THANK YOU to our Benefit Home 2018 Team, including the builder support, task force, and HBA staff members who help make this project possible!
Thank you to Chesmar Homes
- Sean Chandler, President
- Kelsey Danielson, Marketing
- Adam Stockton, VP of Operations
Thank you to the Developer – Newland Communities
- Bill Meyer, Vice President
- Nicolle Ramia, Marketing
- Paige Wilkerson, Marketing
Thank you to our HBA Member donors!
- List Coming Soon!
Thank you to the Benefit Home Task Force!
- Drew Rice, Red Pants Studio
- John Endendyk, Endland Properties Group
- Vaike O’Grady, Metrostudy
- Shane Goodman, D.R. Horton
- Quinn Gray, Homes by Avi
- Mary DeWalt , Mary DeWalt Design Group
- Conway Reimer, Garage Living
- Matt Guley, Builder Boost
- Stacey Koepke, Trane Ingersoll Rand
HBA Staff Contacts
- Ann Thomas, Donations, (512) 982-9173