The Benefit Home is the annual construction of a home built mostly – if not entirely – through donations of construction management, materials, supplies, labor and monies of the members of the Home Builders Association (HBA) of Greater Austin. The majority of net proceeds from the sale of the home on the open market benefit local charities as designated by HBA.
The Benefit Home offers the HBA a unique opportunity to give something back to the larger community, specifically to designated beneficiaries who are significantly and positively impacting the Greater Austin community. What’s more, it’s a perfect example of how the 600+ members of the HBA contribute to the economic impact of the communities in which they build and make a direct impact on worthy causes within those communities.
2018-2019 Benefit Home
The 2018-2019 Benefit Home is being built by Chesmar Homes in Sweetwater, a Newland Communities master-planned hilly country community in Northwest Austin / Bee Cave area. Chesmar Homes is building its Bristol plan. This spacious 1.5 story home features five bedrooms, four and half bathrooms, a study, a game room, and an oversized two-car garage. This impressive home has a grand foyer that leads to the family room with an optional fireplace. The kitchen is every chef’s dream with two granite kitchen islands. The master bedroom has a large master closet and is tucked away from all rooms for a private feel. The master bath features dual vanities, a mudset shower, and a drop-in tub. All secondary bedrooms feature a walk-in closet. Upstairs, a large game room is accompanied by a full bath and a fifth bedroom. The fifth bedroom can be turned into a media room. Outside, an outdoor living area with an optional fireplace makes outdoor living a breeze.
Save the Date: Thursday, September 27
More Information Coming Soon!
So, how does it work?
- The Management of construction of a marketable home is handled by the sponsoring builder – this year Chesmar Homes– in conjunction with HBA.
- Together the HBA and the Builder/Developer host VIP Events for HBA members, vendors, and leaders from HomeAid Austin—one at Groundbreaking and one at Completion.
- The HBA recruits a small task force of expert members (including a home designer) to solicit donations of materials and labor; as well as coordinate the vendors and selections with the Builder to drive down the hard costs of the home.
- The Builder/Developer typically also hosts a resident Sneak Preview Event upon home completion (to drive referral sales) and engage the residents in the community on this exciting project.
- A Realtor Event when the home goes to market and additional Realtor outreach will be facilitated with the task force and through the Builder/Developer contacts.
- Once the home is successfully sold and closed, the HBA and the Builder/Developer will invite the leaders of all benefiting charities to receive the contribution and celebrate the results!
A big THANK YOU to our Benefit Home 2018 Team, including the builder support, task force, and HBA staff members who help make this project possible!
Thank you to Chesmar Homes
- Sean Chandler, President
- Kelsey Danielson, Marketing
- Adam Stockton, VP of Operations
Thank you to the Developer – Newland Communities
- Bill Meyer, Vice President
- Nicolle Ramia, Marketing
- Paige Wilkerson, Marketing
Thank you to our HBA Member donors!
- List Coming Soon!
Thank you to the Benefit Home Task Force!
- Drew Rice, Red Pants Studio
- John Endendyk, Endland Properties Group
- Vaike O’Grady, Metrostudy
- Shane Goodman, D.R. Horton
- Quinn Gray, Homes by Avi
- Mary DeWalt , Mary DeWalt Design Group
- Conway Reimer, Garage Living
- Matt Guley, Builder Boost
- Stacey Koepke, Trane Ingersoll Rand
HBA Staff Contacts
- Naomi Bludworth, Marketing/Design, 512-354-7099
- Holly Davis, Public Relations, 512-982-9941
- Emily Blair, Partnership/Coordination, 512-982-9184
- Ann Thomas, Donations, (512) 982-9173
HBA donates over $95,000 from sale of 2016 Benefit Home
The HBA recently presented three checks for $31,952.17 each to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas, Dell Children’s Medical Center Foundation and Community First! Village – Mobile Loaves and Fishes. Proceeds were generated from the HBA’s Benefit Home project in Santa Rita Ranch, a new-home community by Ed Horne of SRKC, LLC in Liberty Hill—a fast growing community in Northwestern Williamson County. The one-story home, built by Scott Felder Homes, is 2,942 sq. ft. and features four bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, and two-car garage. It was sold on the open market. Led by Scott Felder Homes, HBA members work together to solicit materials and donations to help build the new home. Read more.