The Benefit Home is the annual construction of a home built mostly – if not entirely – through donations of construction management, materials, supplies, labor and monies of the members of the Home Builder Association (HBA) of Greater Austin. The majority of net proceeds from the sale of the home on the open market benefit local charities as designated by HBA.
The Benefit Home offers the HBA a unique opportunity to give something back to the larger community, specifically to designated beneficiaries who are significantly and positively impacting the Greater Austin community. What’s more, it’s a perfect example of how the 750+ members of the HBA contribute to the economic impact of the communities in which they build and make a direct impact on worthy causes within those communities.
2016 Benefit Home
Together the HBA and the Builder/Developer host VIP Events for HBA members, vendors, and leaders from benefiting charities—one at Groundbreaking and one at Completion
- Groundbreaking took place on Monday, May 16, 2016
- Vendor Appreciation & Open House: Thursday, March 9, 2017
The HBA has selected the following beneficiaries for the 2016 Benefit Home:
- Mobile Loaves & Fishes (Community First Village)
- Dell Children’s Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas
With this partnership, the beneficiaries will not only receive a contribution but a year-long partnership and promotional opportunity with the HBA’s, builder’s and developer’s efforts in public relations and outreach.
So, how does it work?
- The Management of construction of a marketable home is handled by the sponsoring builder – this year Scott Felder Homes – in conjunction with HBA.
- Together the HBA and the Builder/Developer host VIP Events for HBA members, vendors, and leaders from benefiting charities—one at Groundbreaking and one at Completion.
- The HBA recruits a small task force of expert members (including a home designer) to solicit donations of materials and labor; as well as coordinate the vendors and selections with the Builder to drive down the hard costs of the home.
- The Builder/Developer typically also hosts a resident Sneak Preview Event upon home completion (to drive referral sales) and engage the residents in the community on this exciting project.
- A Realtor Event when the home goes to market and additional Realtor outreach will be facilitated with the task force and through the Builder/Developer contacts.
- Once the home is successfully sold and closed, the HBA and the Builder/Developer will invite the leaders of all benefiting charities to receive the contribution and celebrate the results!
A big THANK YOU to our Benefit Home 2016 Team, including the builder support, task force, and HBA staff members who help make this project possible!
Thank you to Scott Felder Homes!
- Steve Krasoff, President
- Liz Don Carlos, Marketing
- Chris Cheaney, Construction Manager
- Valerie Christ, Community Operations Manager
- John Jones, VP of Operations
- Laura Lueckenhoff, Purchasing Manager
- Dave Poche, CFO
Thank you to the Developer – SRKC, LLC!
- Ed Horne
Thank you to our HBA Member donors!
- Anchor Ventana Glass
- Austin Contractors, Fireplace
- BMC, Trusses
- Bonded Builders, Warranty
- Caesarstone, Countertops
- CalAtlantic Homes, Washer/Dryer/Refrigerator
- California Closets, Master Bath Closet
- Calvin’s Electric, Discount on Electric Rough/trim
- Capitol City Insurance, Cash Donation
- Cedar Park Overhead Doors, Garage Door
- Daltile, Tile for Kitchen and Baths
- D & H Roofing, Roofing materials
- DuPont/Tyvek, Homewrap
- Espinoza Stone, Stone for House
- Exclusive Windows and Doors, Windows and Exterior Doors
- Factory Builder Stores, 36″ Cooktop Package
- Ferguson, Plumbing Fixtures
- Floor King, Carpet
- Gary Raesz Flooring, Hardwood Floors
- JJ Orion, Central Vac, security, sound system
- Kelly Moore Paint, Paint for House
- Kent Moore Cabinets, Cabinets for Kitchen & Baths
- Key Insulation, Insulation
- Lauren Concrete, Concrete
- Lighting Inc., Lighting
- Mary DeWalt Design Group, Cash Donation
- Parrish & Company, Cash Donation
- REW Materials, Drywall 192 pieces
- Royal Bath, crylic Tub/Shower Pan
- TexMix Concrete, cash donation
Thank you to the Benefit Home Task Force!
- Drew Rice with Red Pants Studio
- Karen Matuszewski with By Design – Custom Home Concierge
- Cindy Dietz with Linfield Design Associates
- Shane Goodman with D.R. Horton