5 Reasons to be an Active HBA Member
When you are thinking about your time and resources this year and where you want to invest, you might just want to consider being active in the Home Builders Association. A driving force for our industry, the NAHB, TAB and HBA of Greater Austin fight on behalf of our citizens and industry partners to ensure that more Americans can realize the American Dream of owning a safe, affordable home in their lifetime.
Founded in 1942, NAHB is the voice of the building industry. 140,000 members nationwide serve in various capacities to pave the way for the construction of new homes and communities, ensuring that homes keep their value and the economy stays strong. The housing industry alone contributes to 15- 18% of our country’s GDP!
Here are our Top 5 Reasons you should be active in Home Builders Association of Greater Austin
- Advocacy– Government affairs staff are the builder voice for regulatory and legal issues that affect land planning, building codes and more. Being involved with HBAGA Government Relations Committee gives our members more insight into the issues they face in the present and the ability to plan for the future.
- Advertising – Annual events like the Parade of Homes, Benefit Home, and Annual Housing Forecast bring public awareness to the new home industry.
- Association– Networking events allow builders, trades, and industry related companies to come together and discuss best practices and learn from each other. HBAGA hosts several large scale networking events each year, including the Crawfish Boil, Skeet Shoot, and Golf Outing, as well as our monthly Wine-Down Wednesdays. Check our event calendar and register today!
- Access– Educational seminars, Panel Discussions, and continuing education courses are all available through HBAGA, providing a resource and local perspective on economic issues and the changing landscape.
- Action– HBAGA is involved in making Central Texas a better place to live. We support Home Aid Austin, providing homes and support services for the homeless and families living in unsafe homes.
For more information on how to be more active in HBAGA, contact us!