- Advocacy (65)
- Blog (14)
- Community (36)
- Parade of Homes (2)
- Press Releases (47)
- The Marketer Blog (39)
- Uncategorized (20)
April 9, 2018
2018 MAX Awards Winners Announced
HBA Honors Austin-Area Builders, Remodelers for Industry Excellence
Austin, TX (April 9, 2018) – On April 7, the Home Builders Association (HBA) of Greater Austin honored dozens of members with its coveted Sales and Marketing Excellence (MAX) Awards. The honors recognized achievements in new home building, marketing, remodeling and personal accomplishments during 2017.
The evening culminated with the “big granddaddy of them all,” the “Grand MAX” Awards. These top honors went to Scott Felder Homes for Volume Builder of the Year, Arbogast Custom Homes for Custom Builder of the Year, David Wilkes Builders for Remodeler of the, Santa Rita Ranch for Master-Planned Community of the Year and to SmartTouch Interactive for Grand MAX Associate of the Year. The Grand MAX Awards are awarded to those companies who accumulate the most points during the judging process.
Several HBA custom and production builders were honored for “Product Achievement.”
Best Product Design – Custom Builder
- $250,000 – $499,999: Barron Custom Design
- $500,000 – $749,999: Zach Savage Custom Homes
- $750,000 – $999,999: Arbogast Custom Homes
- $1,000,000 – $1,499,999: Arbogast Custom Homes
- $1,500,000 – $1,999,999: Metropolitan Custom Homes
- $2,000,000 – $2,499,999: Laurel Haven Homes
- Over $2,500,000: Jauregui Architecture Interiors Construction
- Best Urban Infill Project of the Year: Riverside Homes, LLC
- Best Custom Spec: Jauregui Architecture Interiors Construction
- Best Kitchen – Under $75,000: Arbogast Custom Homes
- Best Kitchen – Over $75,000: Rivendale Homes
- Best Master Bath – Under $50,000: Zach Savage Custom Homes
- Best Master Bath – Over $50,000: Arbogast Custom Homes
- Best Outdoor Living Space Under $75,000: Arbogast Custom Homes
- Best Outdoor Living Space Over $75,000: Olsen Defendorf Custom Homes
- Best Specialty Room: Laurel Haven Homes
- Best One-of-a-Kind Home: Olsen Defendorf Custom Homes
- Best Townhome or Condo: Legacy MCS
Best Product Design – Volume Builder
- $100,000 – $199,999: Pacesetter Homes
- $200,000 – $299,999: Scott Felder Homes
- $300,000 – $399,999: Scott Felder Homes
- $400,000 – $499,999: Taylor Morrison
- $500,000 – $599,999: Scott Felder Homes
- $600,000 – $699,999: Ash Creek Homes
Several HBA members received awards for their remodeling projects as well.
- Best Remodeled Project: Vogel Builders
- Best Kitchen Remodel: David Wilkes Builders
- Best Outdoor Living Remodel: Vogel Builders
- Best Poolscape: Cody Pools
Master-Planned Communities were recognized in the following categories:
- Best Unique Feature for a Community: Headwaters (Freehold Communities)
- Best Design for a Community: Headwaters (Freehold Communities)
- Best Poolscape for a Community: Rough Hollow Lakeway
- Best Clubhouse for a Community: Headwaters (Freehold Communities)
- Best New Community: Whisper Valley (Taurus Development Interests)
Members were also honored in many categories including:
- Ad Campaigns, Billboards, Direct Mail, Print Ads
- Electronic and Internet Media
- Interior Merchandising
- Sales Brochures and Promotions
- Sales Office/Design Center/Showroom
Blake Taylor of Taylor Real Estate was honored as REALTOR of the Year.
The HBA also honored the company with the Best “MAX Spirit” at the MAX Awards Gala. Chesmar Homes was recognized for this fun award.
Individuals were also recognized for achievement in sales, marketing, construction, title and mortgage.
Contact any of these award-winning HBA members for your next home building or remodeling project at www.hbaaustin.com.
About the HBA
Since 1953, the Home Builders Association (HBA) of Greater Austin has served as the leading not-for-profit trade organization dedicated to residential construction and remodeling in Central Texas. The HBA works with government, public, business and community organizations in six counties – Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Lee, Travis and Williamson – to advance the practice and professionalism of the home building industry in our community and to ensure that all people in the Greater Austin area live in strong communities and homes that enable them to thrive.