- Advocacy (20)
- Blog (4)
- Community (18)
- Press Releases (23)
- The Marketer Blog (28)
December 9, 2016
Home Builders Association ushers in new leadership and honors members with “of the year” awards
Steve Krasoff, Scott Felder Homes to lead the pack
Austin, Texas (December 9, 2016) – Thursday, December 8th marked the day the Home Builders Association (HBA) of Greater Austin celebrated its own “changing of the guard.” Steve Krasoff was sworn in as the HBA’s 2017 President with Lee Whitaker of Pacesetter Homes as President-Elect. Krasoff succeeded Wes Wigginton of Foursquare Builders who will now serve as the Association’s Immediate Past President on the 2017 Board of Directors.
Krasoff is currently president of Scott Felder Homes and responsible for all activities in the Central Texas Markets. Under Krasoff’s direction Scott Felder Homes has been recognized as a “Ten Time Best Builder”. These awards include Texas Association of Builders Mid Volume Builder of the Year for 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016, HBA of Greater Austin Builder of the Year for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016, Austin Business Journal Builder of the Year in 2014 and Greater San Antonio Builders Association Builder of the Year in 2015.
“I look forward to working with the many talented individuals on the 2017 Board of Directors at the HBA of Greater Austin” says Krasoff, “to promote the HBA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, professional excellence, community-minded, and prosperity for all; vision ‘that all people in the Greater Austin area live in strong communities and homes that enable them to thrive;’ and mission to advance the practice and professionalism of the home building industry in our community.”
Supporting Krasoff on the 2017 Board of Directors are:
Executive Committee Leadership
- Wes Wigginton, Immediate Past President, Foursquare Builders
- Lee Whitaker, President-Elect, Pacesetter Homes
- Robert McDonald, First Vice President, Westin Homes
- Tyson Neal, VP of Membership, Legend Lighting
- Gerry Poe, VP of Govt. Relations, KB Home
- Julie Hatfield, VP of Education, Texas Gas Service
- Chris Peterson, VP of Operations, Rivendale Homes, Inc.
- Drew Rice, VP of Special Projects, Red Pants Studio
- Kandis Rushing, VP of Communications, Crescent Communities
HBA Board Members (at large)
- Ken Blaker, MWI Texas, LP
- Becky Collins, Walton Development & Management (USA), Inc.
- Stan Deringer, CalAtlantic Homes
- Joe Fowler, Joseph Fowler Homes
- Shane Goodman, D.R. Horton
- Shan Jenkins, Jenkins Custom Homes, Inc.
- Jeremy Martin, RisherMartin Fine Homes
- Luke Mezger, Mezger Homes, LLC
- Eric Olson, Olson Defendorf Custom Homes
- Shawn Stolle, Pulte Group, Inc.
- Ross Britton, U.S. Ecologic
- Laura DuPont, Corridor Title, LLC
- David Hartman, Smith Robertson Elliott & Douglas, LLP
- Vaike O’Grady, Metrostudy
- Sue Ann Pinger, Pinger & Co., LLC
- Derek Smith, Kelly-Moore Paint Co.
- Tiffany Stillwell, Patten Law Firm-Texas American Title
- Ron VanWinkle, McCoy’s Building Supply
The HBA of Greater Austin also recognized outstanding members “of the year” for their efforts and contributions to the HBA in 2016:
Volume Builder of the Year
Pacesetter Homes’ Robin Kroencke, Danielle Lipar-Mareth and Chelsea Timmons
Custom Builder of the Year
Eric Olson, Olson Defendorf Custom Homes
Developer of the Year
Greg Rich and Kevin Kendrick, Allegiant Realty Partners/Caliterra
Associate of the Year
Eldon Rude, 360º Real Estate Analytics
Past President Wigginton also awarded key members with his selections for President’s Awards: Leon Yoder of Leon Yoder Custom Builder, Cindy Dietz of Linfield Designs, Gerry Poe of KB Home and Nancy Stroder of Taylor Morrison.
The HBA of Greater Austin is poised for yet another busy year, including its 2017 Parade of Homes. Builders have already broken ground in The Peninsula at Rough Hollow in Lakeway, the site of the 2017 event—the premier luxury home tour presented by the HBA of Greater Austin, featuring multi-million dollar homes in one of the region’s most desired areas. The 2017 Parade of Homes is set to take place May 12 through May 29, 2017.